This recipe is based on a 2009 study published in the International Journal of PharmTech Research.
To sum it up, researchers tested different concentrations of three ayurvedic herbs known for hair growth promotion and discovered the most effective ratio to maximize the results.
This article talks about one of the three herbs, bhringraj, in detail.
- 40g of Eclipta alba / bhringraj powder
- 40g of Chinese hibiscus powder
- 20g of Spikenard powder
- 500ml of Coconut oil
- 400g of Eclipta alba juice
- Mix all 3 herb powders and add a little bit of juice to make a thick paste
- Heat coconut oil in a pot
- Once coconut oil melts, add the paste and mark the level
- Add the rest of the juice into the pot
- Heat it on medium until the liquid boils down to just above where you originally marked (Don’t forget to stir occasionally)
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and leave it overnight
- Wash your hair in the morning