If you are disappointed in rosemary essential oil and its ability of regrowing hair, try this recipe.
Our findings show that rosemary extract contains a compound called 12-methoxycarnosic acid, in which helps with blocking DHT by suppressing 5a reductase enzyme activities.
For detail, read our rosemary for hair loss article here.
- (Optional) Grind rosemary leaves to make powder
- Put 400 ml of water + 400 ml of ethanol into a pot
- Add dried rosemary leaves (or the powder if you ground it) into the pot
- Boil it at 60C for 6~9 hours
- Let it cool down
- (Optional) Add 24 g of glycerin into the mixture for preserving moisture and antimicrobial effects.
Once the mixture is ready, put it into a small bottle and start using it twice a day (in the morning and before you go to bed).
For the remaining liquid, make sure to keep it sealed and refrigerated.